Samstag, 31. Juli 2021

 

tale 77 the old monkey tells his tale 2

Written by Rainer: rainer.lehrer@yahoo.com

Learn languages (via Skype): Rainer: + 36 20 549 52 97 or + 36 20 334 79 74

------------------------------

 

The old monkey tells his tale 2

 

With a strange pronunciation, a voice asked me: "What are you spying around here?" It was right, I had hidden like an agent and watched the people, listened to them. What could I answer to that now? Since, to the best of my knowledge, none of the monkeys had ever crossed the mountains, it never occurred to me that the monkeys there could be hostile. I was silent because I didn't know what to say and that only made me more suspicious. I was left alone again, but now I could at least have a look at the room, or rather the cell, in which I was held. As far as I know, there was no such thing in my home country. Or maybe I was never shown anything similar? We all lived in the trees there and only came down to the ground to drink water.

After a few days next to half-rotten bananas and stale water, I was taken to a place under a tree house village to collect the rubbish on the ground. There was a terrible smell, there was a mixture of fruit residues, feces and urine. So, I should be doing slave labour. I didn't get anything to eat apart what was left on the floor, and the little polluted stream seemed to be my fountain. When I wasn't working, garbage was thrown at me. A disgraceful treatment! At night I had to sleep there on the floor.

I slowly learned to understand their language, although all contact with me was avoided. This state of affairs had lasted for a few months, and the prospects of how I was to get out of here weren't exactly rosy. Once when I was dreaming and probably working too slowly, the core of an apple hit me on the head. I raised my fist angrily and shouted in her language: “Do you think this is an ape-worthy behaviour?” The answer was malicious laughter, but from that day on I was at least not pelted with rubbish anymore.

And then at some point, the thought occurred to me what would happen if I just left. So I moved with a normal step in one direction without evoking the slightest reaction. When I reached the end of the valley, it was certain that I could actually have done that much earlier. It was just the initial intimidation that held me back. Or just my stupidity?

Now things went uphill again, but this time I wasn't so curious about what was going to show up on the other side, because this place had to be left first. I didn't even look back. When I reached the top, a plateau opened up in front of me, with few trees, but grass and bushes two meters high. Which ape colony should live out here? But now I wasn't going to hide. Upright and quite conspicuous, I made my way through the undergrowth.

That was to change quickly, however, when I heard a terrible roar. They weren't monkeys, it sounded more like huge kittens. I quickly went in the direction of a nearby tree to get an overview of the situation once I climbed on it.

So I crept from tree to tree, penetrating deeper and deeper into the plain. At night I slept on one of the fruit trees. Sometimes I would hear these cats, but I could never see one. Well Who was hiding from whom here? When danger doesn't take real shape, one becomes careless. That should happen to me too. As I sauntered along, I suddenly noticed that something was following me. When I walked it came closer, when I stopped it stopped too. It wasn't far away when my nose picked up the penetrating smell of carnivores. Now the fear came! Where was the next tree? My persecutors also noticed that they had caught my attention. And that way, the real hunt began.

I took my legs into hands and practically flew over the undergrowth and bushes, but the kitten was getting closer and closer. All body functions had stopped working, only locomotion was rotating at full speed. My pursuers probably wondered how a monkey could run so fast. But it didn't help, the distance got shorter with each step. Behind me, that kitten started the last, decisive leap. I felt the deadly breath on my neck as I lost the ground from under my feet. It seemed like an eternity, darkness around me, then a hard bounce. I must have broken every bone, but I didn't feel it. Up at the edge of the hole I saw the cats a long way off. It could have jumped down without any problems, but certainly not up again. Annoyed and hissing, it looked down at me. Then I passed out.

You need allies, every enemy of your opponent is your friend.

I heard a tender voice and believed myself in paradise. A female monkey angel with a beautiful face floated before my spiritual eyes. This angel was just changing the bandage on my forehead. I slowly opened my eyes and there she was, young and pretty. She said something to me, which of course I didn't understand. Well, another country with a different language. Do you have a foreign language in paradise too? The picture disappeared.

I imagined that I was making her a declaration of love. But the surprise was great when the next time I woke up, the angel had turned into a bearded, old monkey. "Where is my angel?" - I asked. “God is way too ugly!” The doctor, who understood my language, had to smile. “We can't be that sick anymore if we haven't lost our sense of humour! Your angel has other foster children too.” He probably saw the disappointment on my face, and that my first words weren't necessarily humorous. A few minutes later, my angel was back.

 

part 3

 

-----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

Back to Hungarian portal!

Back to English portal!

Back to German portal!

Back to Spanish portal!

Back to French portal!

Back to Russian portal!

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen